Your browser does not support frames
now in your basket 0 items
News & Media
Recipes & Culture
:: Special Rice Noodles (Banh Pho 3mm) (河粉)
Return to the Product List
Longdan Special Rice Noodles (Banh Pho 3mm) (河粉)
Shipping Weight: 0.55kg
Cuisine: Chinese, Malaysian, Singaporean, Taiwanese, Thai, Vietnamese
Product of: Vietnam
Add to Basket:
Longdan Special Rice Noodles (Banh Pho 3mm)
1. Rinse rice noodles with clean water.
2. Cook in boiling water for 6-8 minutes.
3. Remove rice noodle and rinse again with clean water.
4. Drain off excess water and mix with a little oil before use.
Suggested Recipe: Beef Pho Noodle
Serving: 6 portions
800g (1 1/2 pounds) Longdan Rice Noodles
300g (1/2 pound) beef sirloin
2.2kg (5 pounds) beef knuckle, with meat
900g (2 pounds) beef oxtail
1 white radish, sliced
2 onions, chopped
60g (2 ounces) star anise pods
1/2 cinnamon stick
2 whole cloves
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 slice fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1. Place the beef knuckle in a very large (9 quart or more) pot. Season with salt, and fill pot with 2 gallons of water. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 2 hours.
2. Skim fat from the surface of the soup, and add the oxtail, radish and onions. Tie the anise pots, cinnamon stick, cloves, peppercorns and ginger in a cheesecloth or place in a spice bag; add to the soup. Stir in sugar, salt and fish sauce. Simmer over medium-low heat for at least 4 more hours (the longer the better). At the end of the cooking, taste, and add salt as needed. Strain broth, and return to the pot to keep at a simmer. Discard spices and bones. Reserve meat from the beef knuckle for other uses if desired.
3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Soak the rice noodles in water for about 20 minutes, the cook in boiling water until soft, but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Slice the beef sirloin paper thin. The meat must be thin enough to cook instantly.
4. Place some noodles into each bowl, and top with a few raw beef slices. Ladle boiling broth over the beef and noodles in the bowl. Serve with hoisin sauce and sriracha sauce on the side. Set onion, cilantro, bean sprouts, basil, green onions, and lime out at the table for individuals to add topping to their liking.
Storage: Keep in a cool and dry place.
Rice Flour (50%), Water (30%), Tapioca Flour (19%), Salt (1%).
Customers who bought this product also purchased...
Pretz Butter Flavoured Biscuit Sticks (牛油百力滋)
Hello Panda Biscuits (Strawberry Filling) (士多啤梨味熊猫餅)
Dried Bamboo Fungus (小魚兒竹笙)
Soybean Stick (Short) Beancurd (腐竹條)
Seedless Jinsi Jujube (Red Dates) (長思無核金絲棗)
Sichuan Peppercorn Oil (Prickly Ash) (川老匯花椒油)
Bean Thread (14)
Egg/Wheat Noodles (140)
Instant Noodles (Bowl/Pot) (89)
Instant Noodles (Packet) (215)
Other Noodles (39)
Rice Noodles (49)
Food & Ingredients (2902)
Gok Cooks Chinese (32)
Chinese Food In Minutes (30)
Tonics & Wellbeing (22)
Homewares & Electricals (121)
Joss Products (35)
Mid Autumn Festival (Mooncake) (21)
Fresh & Frozen (Bristol ONLY) (67)
Wholesale (Bristol ONLY) (189)
New Products ...
All Products ...
View all testimonals
News & Media
Recipes & Culture
Shipping & Returns
Terms & Conditions
Copyright ©2019 WaiYeeHong.com, VAT: GB 921805341
Designed and Hosted by Bright Software Solutions